Brittany is a favorite region of France not only for the French, but also for many Europeans. This is the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, a series of former fishing villages with beaches with clean sand and water, as well as nature reserves where you can walk along special paths without disturbing the flora and fauna. Here is a paradise for tourists who appreciate space and nature. Here is another, special, thoroughbred beauty, a beauty with character. Here is the wind from the ocean, giving coolness in any heat, mysterious megalithic buildings, medieval castles and resorts.
What to visit in Brittany
1. Saint Malo. This popular resort on the Atlantic coast is a great starting point for day trips to the north of Brittany. Here it is worth visiting the Saint-Vincent Cathedral and the Château Saint-Malo with an observation deck on the Solidor Tower, which offers a beautiful view.
2. Monastery of Mont Saint Michel. It is the most visited place in France after Paris, about 20,000 people go there every day, or about 2.5 million people a year.
3. Cancale. Oyster farms are located in the vicinity of the city, which is why there are so many restaurants that specialize in seafood dishes.
4. Sculpture park in Rotheneuf. An unusual open-air gallery (Chemin des Rochers Sculptés) brought fame to the city, where figures of characters from legends, outlandish animals, outstanding natives of Brittany and saints revered in these parts lurk.
5. Dinan. A small cozy town with half-timbered houses, in which less than 12,000 people live.
6. Camper. The oldest city in Brittany and the administrative center of Finistère, the westernmost department of France. Having visited it, you can safely say that you have been to the end of the Earth!
Brittany has a large number and variety of campsites, from tents to accommodation in premium-zone houses, which, however, are almost an order of magnitude cheaper than accommodation in mid-range hotels.
Pros of camping in France:
1. Comfort: these are whole houses with bedrooms, kitchen and bathrooms, with a terrace, a private place for barbecue and sunbathing, with a huge swimming pool on the territory, a cafe, entertainment activities, playgrounds, etc.
2. Convenient location. Campsites are located in interesting tourist spots, you can drive to certain sights in ten minutes or even walk – you just have to go out the gate.
3. Own beach. Coastal campsites often have their own beach. Sometimes the campsite is located on the shore of the lake.
4. Entertainment. In large campsites located in tourist active places, an evening program is offered. For children, there are also playrooms with animators, the schedule of classes is posted in the passageways.
5. Swimming pools are an essential part of camping. Somewhere they are more, somewhere less, somewhere one piece, somewhere three. Most of them have a jacuzzi, a spa, and a children’s pool.
6. Food. Each campsite has at least one restaurant, sometimes combined with a bar, where you can have breakfast and have a great dinner. Although, living in a campsite, you can cook on your own.
Of course, the most attractive part of camping is the beach or the water park. And we invite you to get acquainted with the best campsites in Brittany with water parks:
1. Camping le Moténo, a campsite ideally located in the department of Morbihan, facing the Ria d’Etel, just a few hundred meters from the beach accessible on foot. The 4-star campsite with 252 pitches is delighted to welcome you from April to September to enjoy a camping holiday in Morbihan in southern Brittany.
2. Océan Breton is without any doubt one of the best Brittany’s campsites with waterparks, a family campsite with a swimming pool offering its guests the opportunity of making the most of an aqua park with exceptional dimensions and facilities. Above 2,000 m² of pools and sunbathing areas are there to please tourists in Brittany!
3. Le Panoramic welcomes guests from April 1st to September 30th. The ideal location of our family campsite 10mn walk from the beach, the port and the city center will allow you to leave your car on its site. You will enjoy our aquatic area of 600m², indoor pool and heated all season, toboggan and pentagliss (July and August). Animations for young and old are also available in July and August.
4. The campsite Chateau De Galinee is located in Saint-Cast-le-Guildo in Côtes-d’Armor, in Brittany, which boasts a heritage full of character and spectacular coastal landscapes. It is located 3 km from the sea, at the edge of the pond, 3 km from the river. For your water recreation, you will enjoy on-site outdoor swimming pool, indoor pool, heated pool and have fun in the water slides of the campsite. Enjoy the solarium and sauna.
5. In the Gulf of Morbihan, the Haras campsite welcomes you for a 4-star holiday in Brittany. In a charming area, generously planted with trees and flowers, you can stay in a mobile home or on a pitch and enjoy a magnificent water park with heated swimming pool, a children’s club and many activities for the whole family every day.
6. Between Saint-Malo and Mont Saint-Michel, discover Les Ormes for your holidays or weekends with family or friends.
7. Welcome to Carantec where our Yelloh! Village Les Mouettes welcomes you to the heart of one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in Brittany. Discover the comfort of a 5-star campsite in Brittany set up by the sea. Take advantage of the many leisure facilities: water park, balneo area – well-being, sports fields, etc.
Camping in Brittany is a great opportunity to spend a vacation or a weekend with your family and friends! Don’t miss it!